Is there a better vaporizer than the PAX 3? After owning one myself, I’d have to say it’s going to be hard to beat.
However, I’m open-minded and willing to compare the PAX 3 to other popular vapes.
In this post, I compare the PAX 3 to other well-known dry herb vaporizers.
Let’s get started with some PAX 3 features.
Looking for a more in-depth review? Don’t forget to check out our full review of the PAX 3 before you leave.
PAX 3 Features
For those unfamiliar with PAX 3 features, here’s what I’ve come to love about this powerful, portable device:
- Flower and concentrate vaping capabilities. I’ve been using this to blast my dry herb and concentrates, including but not limited to some tasty Nepali hashish.
- Haptic feedback. There’s just something about getting that feedback back once the device is preheated that makes me happy with the PAX 3.
- High-polished anodized aluminum shell. The PAX 3 looks and feels great, and while I have a PAX 3 case to carry it, I mainly use it for its smell-proofing capabilities; not so much that I’m worried it’s going to get scratched or damaged.
- 4 temperature settings. I love these settings because I can start out with the lowest setting for optimized flavor production and progressively increase the heat until it’s nice and crispy.
- Full-color LED interface. This gives me all of the insight I need into the PAX 3. From battery life to temperature and more, I always know what’s going on with my device while I’m vaping.
PAX 3 vs DaVinci IQ2
The DaVinci IQ2 is a great opponent for the PAX 3. However, I think the PAX 3 may be the better device. Here’s why:
- The PAX 3’s oven material is stainless steel while the DaVinci IQ2 has a ceramic oven. Ceramic is a cheaper option and doesn’t allow for the same level of efficient heating as the PAX 3’s stainless steel oven.
- The heat-up time for the PAX 3 is between 20 and 30 seconds. However, it takes between 40 and 50 seconds for the DaVinci’s oven to preheat.
- Charge time on the DaVinci also takes between two and three hours; the PAX 3 takes between one and two hours to charge.
- Let’s not forget that the DaVinci IQ2 is a whopping $295. Compared to the modest $199 price of the PAX 3, this is significant.
Loving this post? Make sure to check out our other article about how the PAX 3 smells before you leave!
PAX 3 vs Firefly 2
The PAX 3 vs Firefly 2 delivers similar results. While the Firefly 2 is an awesome device, its features leave much to be desired when compared to the PAX 3.
Even though both devices offer flower and concentrate compatibility and between four and six hours of battery life, the temperature settings are quite different.
The Firefly 2 gives users six settings to choose from, along with an additional tuning slider for more power. However, it’s not as user-friendly as the PAX 3 and doesn’t offer the same level of convenience.
On the other hand, the PAX 3 takes a bit longer to heat. The Firefly 2 offers rapid heating in just 3 to 5 seconds.
While the Firefly 2 takes less time to heat up, the additional temperature selection options the PAX 3 offers make it a better device. However, equally important to note is that the PAX 3 is also easier to use.
The PAX 3 has a chamber that’s found at the bottom of the device. Just one click of the side of the bottom cover reveals the oven. After loading the ground herb, the lid snaps back on with magnets. It’s super convenient loading that makes this device an absolute legend with its straightforward design.
PAX 3 vs Mighty+
Ok, so here’s where it can get a bit tricky. The PAX 3 vs Mighty is a difficult decision, but still, I have to give it to the PAX 3 based on its portability. If you don’t care about bringing your vape with you wherever you go, the Mighty+ could be better for you. However, for the sake of this post, here’s why I believe the PAX 3 is superior.
The Mighty+ has a ceramic-lined oven as opposed to the PAX 3’s stainless steel design. Its functionality is similar to the PAX 3 in that it can be used with dry herb and solid concentrates. However, the PAX 3 offers a sleeker design compared to the Mighty’s chunky aesthetic.
I also really enjoy the button-free interface of the PAX 3. This is simply not available with the Mighty+. Equally important to know is that the Mighty+ is still an excellent option boasting medical-grade biomaterial, an LED screen, two tactile triangular temperature control buttons, and a replaceable cooling unit. Storz & Brickel built a fabulous device, but I still have to give it to the PAX 3 here.
So, Is There a Better Vaporizer Than The PAX 3?
After these brief summaries, you might still be wondering, “is there a better vaporizer than the PAX 3?” This all depends on your needs.
If you’re looking for a top-of-the-line device with the most features, the PAX 3 is it. However, if you don’t care about portability and want a high-quality vape you can fit in a small bag, the Mighty+ could be a great option for you.
To sum it up, the PAX 3 is my clear winner here. It’s super portable, offers rapid heating times, and its overall design is more user-friendly than some of the other options on the market.
I hope you enjoyed this post. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out directly.