Friday, December 1, 2023
HomeNewsCalifornia Third-Graders Hospitalized After Eating Weed Gummies

California Third-Graders Hospitalized After Eating Weed Gummies

Three third-grade students from a Northern California elementary school were sent to the hospital after they accidentally ate cannabis-infused gummies, officials said.

According to ABC News, a child shared the chewy treats with four classmates during their snack break on Thursday afternoon at Jacoby Creek Elementary in the Humboldt County community of Bayside Police and school officials confirmed. The child who brought the infused snacks to school did not know that they were laced with marijuana, officials stated.

Three children were brought in to get medical care after they began to show signs of drunkenness, Jacoby Creek superintendent and principal Melanie Nannizzi told parents via email.

The three children were all discharged from the hospital. They’re in good health, Nannizzi told the Times-Standard newspaper in Eureka.

The class was evacuated at first because of fears that the children might be experiencing reactions to exposure to carbon monoxide, Nannizzi explained to the parents.

“This was a frightening incident for our entire school community,” Nannizzi wrote in her email.

The Arcata Police Department is still investigating the matter, Officer Heidi Groszmann said in a statement.

Groszmann advised parents to store cannabis-related products, particularly ones that look like sweets, in a secure space away from their children.

Lesley Murr
Lesley Murr
Lesley R. Murr, American vegan activist and writer, travels throughout Southeast Asia exploring vegan cuisine and eco-friendly product producers. She blogs about vegan health, recipes, and products. Her passion for animals guides her writings, and she's currently based out of Belmont, California.
- Advertisment -spot_img

Most Popular

Recent Comments