“What is the best organic fertilizer for cannabis?” This is a question that many cultivators ask themselves. Actually, there are two questions to answer here: what makes an organic fertilizer “best,” and what should I use it on?
As you may know, cannabis requires plenty of nutrients in order to grow well. Organic fertilizers can provide these nutrients without the excessive cost of store-bought concoctions because they’re made from natural ingredients, some of which you might already have around your home!
In this blog post, we’ll discuss why and how to make homemade organic fertilizer with just a few common items, like apple cider vinegar and compost or worm castings. We’ll also suggest some great ready-made organic fertilizers for cannabis if time is of the essence!
Here’s why you should make organic fertilizer at home:
- Save money: You may think that buying fertilizer is expensive, but the truth is you will end up spending more when it comes to your cannabis. That’s because these plants use a lot of water and nutrients during growth, which can be costly if you rely on store-bought products only.
- Keep things simple: The best part about homemade cannabis fertilizer is that you can make it without any special equipment. You only need the ingredients and a container to put them in, which means less hassle for you!
- You’ll always know what you’re using. Let’s be honest – fertilizers aren’t straightforward when it comes to naming all of the chemicals on the labels. Making your own fertilizer ensures you know exactly what it contains. Simply put, organic fertilizers are a great way to know, without a doubt, what’s going into your fertilizer.
When you prepare your own organic fertilizer from compost, you don’t have to worry about harmful chemicals. Commercial fertilizers often contain synthetic nutrients, which can cause plant burn and a host of other issues.
So, do you want to make organic fertilizer for cannabis at home? Here are some expert tips:
- NPK all the way. The best organic fertilizer for cannabis is a mixture of NPK (Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Potassium) mixed with compost.
- Go organic, like nature intended. Use organic ingredients that are proven to support cannabis plants. These can include coffee grounds, wood ashes, banana tea, kitchen scraps, composted garden refuse, and manure.
- Keep it wet and moist. Mix in wet ingredients to keep your mixture moist at all times while it is decomposing. Add water every day or two to maintain a moist environment for bacteria and fungi that will break down those organic ingredients properly.
However, if you’re short on time, these are some of our top picks for the best organic fertilizer for cannabis.
Voodoo Juice Fertilizer
5450-14 Voodoo Juice Fertilizer is designed for the growth of plants at all phases.
The fertilizer is available in different sizes, and its unique formula ensures vigorous root development for seedlings, transplants, and clippings. All these characteristics provide a strong base that reduces transplant shock while encouraging faster growth rates than traditional options.
This fertilizer also maximizes nutrient absorption by providing ultimate efficiency, saving you time, money, and effort!
What we didn’t like about the fertilizer is that it can get moldy sometimes. But that’s not always a deal breaker.
Big Bud Liquid Fertilizer
Big Bud Liquid is a professional-grade fertilizer that can be used in soil or hydro. The formula is designed simple enough for first-time growers yet effective enough for the most advanced. Big Bud Liquid provides everything needed for fast, healthy growth and maximum yields at an affordable price.
However, the fertilizer is designed for the bloom phase and works best at this stage in the grow cycle, providing minimal risk of overfeeding. The impressive effectiveness of this formula can be a pro or con, depending on which stage your plants are at!
General Organics Go Box
General Organics is the go-to fertilizer for avid gardeners and farmers. Made from organic ingredients, it contains everything you need to entertain your plants in a healthy way. Just dilute one bottle with water to make an affordable gallon of fertilizer that can be used on any kind of plant every week. It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
Some reviewers have experienced plant burn if overfed. We recommend only applying 50% of the feed recommended on the feeding chart to prevent this from happening.
So, there you have it – the best organic fertilizer for cannabis. We hope this article helped!
If you want us to write an in-depth guide on how to make your own homemade fertilizer, please let us know in the comment section below. Happy harvesting!