Have you ever wondered what to do with all of those cannabis stems? Well, wonder no more!
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to make THC tea with stems. This is a great way to use up all of those pesky stems and get the most out of your cannabis.
So, let’s get started!
Why Drink THC Tea
Drinking THC tea is another method to reap the advantages of cannabis. Just like smoking or consuming edibles, you may feel relaxing or energizing effects depending on the type of marijuana you use.
Brewing stem tea is a great way to make use of the normally thrown-away plant materials, turning it into a highly healthful beverage. THC has been proven to help with anxiety, depression, headaches, nausea, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, and loss of appetite.
Maximize THC by Decarboxylation
If you’re familiar with edibles, you’ll be aware of the need for decarboxylation. Decarboxylating your tea before brewing it may help to maximize the amount of THC in your drink.
While some may argue that you go through decarboxylation by boiling the tea. It’s more effective to decarboxylate at a higher temperature than the water boiling point. People also normally don’t boil the tea long enough to completely decarboxylate the stems. So, if you want to get as much THC as you can out of the stems, decarboxylation is necessary.
To decarboxylate the stems, preheat your oven to 240 degrees Fahrenheit (115 degrees Celsius).
Break your stems into small pieces with your fingers will do the job. There is no need to grind your stems, saving you the time to strain them later on.
Place the stems on the baking pan without overlapping. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove the pan from the oven and let cool. You can save the batch for making your stem tea for a while.
What You Will Need
This is a single-serving recipe for one cup of tea. If you wish to make more tea, simply double or triple the amount.
- 1 ounce of stems (or 1/8 cup of stems)
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp of butter or oil; or 2 1/2 tbsp of whole milk, half-and-half, or coconut milk per cup of water; or 2-3 tbsp of hard liquor.
- Coffee filter, cheesecloth, or strainer
- (Metal) Pot for boiling
Since THC does not dissolve in water, you’ll have to use a fatty ingredient or alcohol as a binding agent to extract THC from the stems. Butter, coconuts oil, whole milk, half-and-half, coconut milk, and hard liquors such as rum or vodka are all good options.
How to Make the Stem Tea
- Put the water in the (metal) pot and add the binding agent of your choice (butter, coconut oil, milk, half-and-half, or coconut milk). If you choose hard liquor as your binding agent, wait to add it later. Bring to a boil.
- Add the stems and continue to boil for 10-15 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Remove from the heat to let it cool down. If you choose alcohol as the binding agent, add it at this time.
- Strain the stems from the tea with a coffee filter, cheesecloth, or strainer.
- You can add another tea of your choice and let it steep at this time. Or just add sugar, honey, or other sweetener and spices to enhance the taste.
That’s all there is to it: how to make THC tea with stems! Because stems contain less THC than other parts of cannabis, you’ll probably only feel a mild high if you can sense it.
Concluding on How to Make THC Tea with Stems
Cannabis tea is a fantastic method to use the stems, which would otherwise be thrown away. You can decarboxylate your stems and incorporate a binder such as butter, oil, half-and-half, milk or hard alcohol to extract the most THC possible from them for a mild high!
Brewing cannabis tea is an easy way to consume the plant without having to smoke it and get all of the benefits from THC. Just like smoking or consuming edibles, you may feel relaxing or energizing effects depending on the type of marijuana you use.
Brewing stem tea is a great way to make use of the normally thrown-away part of the cannabis plant. Stems contain less THC than other parts of the cannabis plant, so you’ll only feel a mild high if you can sense it. But still, it’s worth the extra effort to get the most out of your bud!