Ever wonder how to make marijuana brownies? We’re here to show you!
All the ingredients are easy to find and with these simple steps, you’ll have your brownies in no time!
Brownies are perfect for people who don’t want to smoke weed because they’re more discreet and easier to eat without drawing attention. There are different variations of brownies that you can experiment with, like adding walnuts or more chocolate chips for a little extra flavor.
These brownies are so delicious that you may want to eat more than one. We suggest baking another batch without the cannabis too so you can have more normal brownies without exceeding your THC dosage.
The effects are more gradual and last longer, so you have to know your tolerance and stop yourself from eating too many marijuana brownies!
This recipe makes rich fudgy brownies with a crinkly top and gooey middle. Furthermore, it is simple to make this recipe gluten-free and dairy-free by simply changing a few ingredients.
Keep reading to learn how to make the best marijuana brownies around!
How to Make THC-Infused Brownies
1/2 cup (114 grams) cannabis butter or cannabis coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup (57 grams) normal butter or coconut oil, melted
1 cup (200 grams) caster sugar (You can use brown sugar if you can’t find caster sugar)
1/2 cup (90 grams) brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
3 large eggs
1/2 cup (40 grams) cocoa powder
1/2 cup (70 grams) all-purpose four or gluten-free flour
1/2 cup (75 grams) milk or dark chocolate chips
Instructions to Make Marijuana Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) for a conventional oven, or 320°F (160°C) for a fan-forced oven. Line an 8-inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two of its four sides overhang. Grease and flour the paper.
- Add melted cannabis butter (or cannabis coconut oil) and sugars to a large mixing bowl, then gently whisk together. Stir in the vanilla extract (optional).
- Add the eggs one at a time, stirring in between each addition. Then add in the cocoa powder and flour (sifting the cocoa powder and flour will create a nicer texture). Stir until combined. Finally, add in the chocolate chips and stir.
- Transfer the brownie batter into the baking tin, using a spatula to get every last bit of it out. Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until the batter no longer wobble in the middle.
- Leave in the tin and put it on a wire rack to cool completely. These brownies are quite fragile so it’s better to put them in the fridge for an hour before cutting into 24 squares to serve.
Calculating the Dosage for Marijuana Brownies
The strength of cannabis butter or oil will vary depending on a variety of factors, including the type and amount of plant material used and the method in which it is made. If you are creating your own cannabis butter or oil, try out a little bit first before infusing the entire batch of brownies
To calculate THC in your cannabis butter (or oil), we need to see how much flower is inside. For example, if there are 3.5 grams (=3,500 mg) or buds inside a cup of butter (or oil) and those buds have 15% THC. That means there is 525 mg (3,500 x 15%) of THC in 1 cup of your cannabis butter (or oil).
For this recipe, you use 1/2 cup of cannabis butter (oil) so there is 262.5 mg of THC in this batch. If you cut the brownies into 24 equal pieces, each piece will contain 10.9 mg of THC.
If you want less THC per piece just use more of the normal butter (oil) and less of the cannabis butter (oil). For example, if you use 1/4 cup of cannabis butter (oil) and 1/2 cup of normal butter (oil), each piece will contain 5.5 mg of THC.
Concluding on How to Make Marijuana Brownies
Don’t forget to start small and go slow especially if this is your first time trying edibles. It may take up to 2 hours for the effects to kick in!
Remember when making your cannabis edibles, the best practice is to mix the cannabis butter or oil thoroughly with the batter. This will ensure that each brownie has an equal and pleasant dose!